"Personalized service you can trust since 1986"
Ensure that your repair is a breeze with some of these helpful tips from our factory-trained technicians with more than 30 years of experience.
• When calling for service, have your model and serial numbers
and describe all problems with the appliance — the more
information we have the better.
• Clear the way for the tech. He'll need to move the appliance
around to work. If he has to clear a path, it'll cost extra.
• If your washer or dryer is full of clothes, remove them and wring
them out before calling a technician.
• It's not usually possible to diagnose an issue if an appliance is
disassembled — this doesn’t save the tech time. He’ll have to
reassemble it to determine the problem.
• Be honest with the tech and inform him of previous service or
failed attempts. He’ll find out so don't waste his time diagnosing
everything instead of getting to the problem.
• Watching the tech do the service is fine, but wait until they are
done to ask questions and clean the appliance.
• When the repair is done, ask for the old parts as well as how and
why they failed.
• Ask the tech of any and all warranties you have for the repair of
• Payment is required at the time of service and if parts need to be
ordered, payment is required before ordering.
Call us now to book your repair service.
Locally owned and operated, Ken's Appliance Service, Inc. works hard to give you the prompt, personalized service you deserve.